- Aria's host is probably Sister Morley, a young missionary who's been in the MTC for 3 weeks and is headed for South Korea. When we arrived at the MTC, Sister Morley greeted us, took our photo, and helped Aria with her luggage.
- Sammi Lew is Aria's pre-nursing classmate at Brigham Young University. She's from Hong Kong. Aria doesn't say where Sammi's mission is.
- taiwan taizong = taizhong = taichung = 台中
- Melody Chow is a friend from Pacifica, CA who attends BYU too.
- Jenny's bro Jackson Chio and Minerva are both friends from San Francisco, CA. Jackson is assigned to Thailand. Don't know where Minerva will go.
- Aria's district consists of the 10 in her class. A zone consists of several districts.
- P-day = Preparation Day. It's when missionaries prepare for the week, which usually includes grocery shopping, doing laundry, writing letters, and getting together with other missionaries for sports, recreation, sightseeing, etc.
- The grammar and punctuation is as Aria wrote it.
Sept 3, 2014
The first day of the MTC was Super Long! Well happy birthday to Alex the big 17! I miss you guys a Ton, actually we have to be more formal + we can't say "you guys" haha I'm taking a lot of notes for classes + everything. So right after you, my family, dropped me off, my host got me books + they are So heavy idk what's even inside yet. Then I got dropped off @ my chinese class room + I was the first one there. I did this online Gym orientation + met SAMMI LEW or Sister Lew I should say. It was exciting cuz I thought she left already. Anyways back to the classroom, the teacher immediately spoke Mandarin to me + I was a little bit confused but I could understand. How do I spell my name? he said it was Zhu but ? My class consists of 10 kids -- 6 girls + 4 boys. 4 of the girls took chinese in a class before, 1 didn't at all + there's me. All of the girls are going to taiwan taizong except me + my companion There's also two boys going 2 Leeds w/ us. The other two are going 2 arcadia CA + new york.
Dinner was so early, @ 4:00! there was fried chicken w/ Mash potatoes + peas. I ate a salad w/ beef, tortilla soup + BYU ice cream. My companion is pre cool. she lived in China for 2 years. She looks like Melody Chow sort of.
Later that day I saw more people I recognized like BYU people + CA people jenny's bro + minerva. Our district went to these mission prep interviews. they were really good + showed us the proper way to meet w/ people. Then we had a zone meeting. Such a LONG day. It's 10:50 right now. there's not enough time for letters + anything.
The first days are so overwhelming. I'm going to die. There's 6 girls in our Room. It's a bit crowded, but everyone is nice. I accidentally brought Shampoo instead of conditioner oops other way around haha.
Our P-day's are on monday, hopefully I'll be a good missionary.
first day down A TON more 2 go!
Shi? Jei mei